We are looking for a self-driven, motivated individual that is excited about becoming an integral part of the North American service team ideally based in Bozeman Montana. Responsibilities include the installation, service, maintenance, configuration and testing of lasers and laser-based systems.
Elemental Scientific Instruments.
A market leader in mass spectroscopy automation and sample introduction, Elemental Scientific is recognized internationally for its innovative products. The company is headquartered in Omaha USA, with the laser photonics R&D and manufacturing division based in Bozeman, Montana, USA. Our Global service operation is based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK. Elemental Scientific is privately owned and has a strong history of commitment to its employees and community. Elemental Scientific sells products globally and has offices in several locations worldwide. On the cutting edge in mass spectroscopy technology our products utilize the latest technologies in lasers, optics, electronics and instrumentation. We are an equal opportunities employer offering a great working environment, competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful candidate will provide advanced, remote and onsite customer technical support for the installation, assembly, alignment, and test of complex optical systems, components, and solid-state lasers. Specific responsibilities include:
• Installation of new laser ablation systems at customer sites throughout Europe with intermittent global commitments. Working in optical wavelengths ranging from deep UV (193nm) to infrared (10um), including but not limited to, Excimer, CO2, Nd:YAG, deep UV Femtosecond and, Diode pumped lasers.
• Provide critical on-site customer service and maintenance of the NWR Laser ablation systems
• Work alongside with customers providing training and technical support both onsite and remotely.
• Gather customer data and viewpoints and, provide product issue data to engineering and marketing.
• Perform on-site calibration, characterization and final acceptance testing of laser ablation systems.
• Troubleshoot product performance issues and work with engineering to solve problems and implement product and manufacturing improvements.
• Troubleshoot product performance issues and work with engineering to solve problems and implement product and manufacturing improvements via ECO’s and new product design.
• Install, repair, align and test optical delivery systems, and configure beam conditioning devices.
• Test electrical and mechanical assemblies.
• Calibrate, maintain, and assemble optical test equipment.
• Rebuild and align laser resonators/harmonic modules, and complex optical components.
• Creation of training materials and acceptance documents.
• Minimum of 2 years of field service and customer support experience required.
• Formal qualifications in physics and/or photonics preferred however a candidate with experience of working with lasers, optics, photonics, and electronics technology will be considered.
• Ability to travel throughout the USA, Canada & occasionally globally is essential.
• Hands on experience with the assembly and test of solid-state laser resonators and complex optical systems.
• Working knowledge of laser laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, optical power meters, laser beam analyzers, laser drive electronics, and autocollimators.
• General understanding of laser design, and laser safety.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Clean room experience is preferred.
• Experience in cleaning and bonding of optical components is preferred but not essential.
• Permanent, full-time.
• Travel is required, approximately 2 weeks out of every month.
• Based on experience.
Elemental Scientific Lasers is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ESL is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. ESL will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
|Date Posted||January 30, 2023|
|Date Closes||March 1, 2023|
|Located In||Bozeman, MT|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||17-3023.01 Electronics Engineering Technicians|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories