• Excellent working knowledge of the construction, alignment and testing of flashlamp pumped Q-switched Nd:YAG lasers using harmonics generation.
• Work with wavelengths from UV (193 nm) to infrared (10.6 µm).
• Characterize and test laser systems including Excimer, CO2, Nd:YAG, femtosecond and diode pumped systems.
• Proper use of related test equipment for the construction and testing of lasers: energy meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters, microscopes, etc.
• Correct method of cleaning, bonding and handling of optical components.
• Ability to read and understand test procedures and schematics.
• Basic understanding of electronic circuitry and printed circuit boards.
• Understanding of high voltage power supplies and safety.
• Strong computer skills.
• IPC-610 Class II Soldering skills desirable.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with small components.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Detail and quality oriented.
• High degree of professionalism, character and integrity.
• Highly motivated with commitment to production timelines.
• Ability to work effectively alone and as a team.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Must keep a properly organized and clean working environment.
• Minimum AA or AAS degree in Photonics and Laser Technology and 3+ years of experience preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assemble, clean, align and test electro-optical assemblies and laser systems to meet performance specifications.
• Troubleshoot and perform problem isolation on laser systems and sub-assembly components.
• Ability to complete tasks within a specified timeline.
• Maintain data records and report test results.
• Provide technical input and evaluation on process improvements.
• Analyze equipment performance and schedule maintenance and calibration as required.
• Utilize processes to accurately transact material.
• Review mechanical drawings, schematics and bills of material for discrepancies and accuracy.
Elemental Scientific, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
|Date Posted||September 20, 2022|
|Date Closes||October 20, 2022|
|Located In||Bozeman, MT|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Varies|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||17-3029.00 Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories