This role will be responsible for analyzing inorganic and organic compounds to determine physical and chemical properties, composition, relationships, structure, and reactions. They also look at how elements in a compound interact with one another.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing samples for analysis. Log, track and process samples.
- Operating, maintaining, and calibrating lab equipment.
- Developing comparison charts, graphs and reference files on laboratory data.
- Instrument maintenance
- Reviewing or analyzing test results in order to locate inconsistencies or malfunctions.
- Maintaining the supply of standard reagents and solutions
- Well versed in applying scientific methods and rules to solve problems
- Highly skilled in quality or performance control analysis of services, products, or processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a science-related degree is a requirement
- Hands-on laboratory experience is required
- Experience in maintaining vacuum systems and mass spectrometers.
- Experience in ICPMS is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, dependable and responsible
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft.