Competitive starting salary based on experience.
- Brings patients back to the exam room and obtains chief complaint, vital signs and history completely and accurately.
- Accurately scribes patient findings and treatment plans while in the room with provider and patient.
- Prepares patients for procedures and assist during procedures. Obtains procedure consents and teaches post procedure care
- Obtains photos of before and after cosmetic procedures for core laser treatments.
- Conducts patch testing per clinic protocol.
- Conducts lab testing and prepares specimens sent to outside lab.
- Tracks tests results and follow-up with the patients at the direction of the physician.
- Triages telephone calls from patients to determine patient need(s) and reports patient’s condition to provider. Advises patient on treatment plan based on provider’s instructions or per protocol.
- Completes request for medication refills at the direction of the physician or following physician approved protocols.
- Enters patient names in “Melanoma Registry” and keeps track of patient‘s test results and follow-up visits in Melanoma binder.
- Enters patient slides in Pathology Log book and monitors follow-up of results on a monthly basis.
- Logs additional recuts and special stains of slides in the “Recut” binder and monitors monthly.
- Maintains medical supply inventory and orders as needed.
- Maintains designated supplies in each exam room per office protocol.
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment per protocol.
- Adheres to office policies and procedures, rules and regulations, and other State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Effectively communicate with patients, coworkers and vendors.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Manages difficult or emotional patient situations.
- Adapts to changes in the work place and competing priorities.
- Active team player.
- Proficient in keyboarding and Windows based software.
- Competent in using office machines such as copiers, printers, faxes and calculators.
- Graduate of an accredited licensed nurse program.
- Experience in a physician office setting preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Medication Aide Registry certification
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Intermittent and/or frequent physical activity including walking, sitting, standing, reaching, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds. Exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues or infectious materials or illness in the working environment
Note: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position. Other functions may be assigned or reassigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.