Responsible for performing both administrative and routine clinic tasks. Assist providers with patient flow and clinical exams. High attention to detail and excellent communication with patients, providers, and outside agencies is required. Reports to the practice manager.
- Perform prior authorization for medical care or medications
- Brings patients back to the exam room and obtains chief complaint, vital signs and history completely and accurately.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a provider and within scope of practice.
- Accurately scribes patient findings and treatment plans while in the room with provider and patient.
- Prepares patients for procedures and assist during procedures. Obtains procedure consents and teaches post procedure care.
- Administers NBUVB, PUVA and Blu-U therapy at the direction of the provider and per treatment protocols.
- Obtains photos of before and after cosmetic procedures for all cosmetic treatments.
- Conducts patch testing per clinic protocol.
- Conducts lab testing and prepares specimens sent to outside lab.
- Tracks tests results and follow-up with the patients at the direction of the provider.
- Triages telephone calls from patients to determine patient need(s) and reports patient’s condition to provider. Advises patient on treatment plan based on provider’s instructions or per protocol.
- Completes request for medication refills at the direction of the provider or following provider approved protocols.
- Enters MACRA data
- Maintains medical supply inventory and orders as needed.
- Maintains designated supplies in each exam room per office protocol.
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment per protocol.
- Adheres to office policies and procedures, rules and regulations, and other State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Cross train to other appropriate positions as needed to ensure clinic coverage.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to anticipate provider needs during exams and procedures.
- Able to work independently and be results-oriented.
- Able to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Effectively communicate with patients, coworkers and vendors.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Manages difficult or emotional patient situations.
- Adapts to changes in the work place and competing priorities.
- Active team player.
- Proficient in keyboarding and Windows based software.
- Competent in using office machines such as copiers, printers, faxes and calculators.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
- Medication Aide Registry certification
- Experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- Achieve certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Intermittent and/or frequent physical activity including walking, sitting, standing, reaching, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Note: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position. Other functions may be assigned or reassigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.