Electrical Controls Specialist
Reports To: Automation Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Revised: October 30, 2018
Position Backup: Automation Lead
This position as an Electrical Controls Specialist will build new electrical control systems, modify, over haul current systems, troubleshooting systems. Must have good time management, troubleshooting, and people skills. This positions supports the maintenance department and maintaining production equipment. In this position you will be responsible for completing projects from the testing process through working with the customer during the installation process. Duties will include maintaining schematics, debug of the PLC and HMI programs, initial set up, testing, run off with the customer, documentation, and installation. As well as some inside sales and service related work. We use Allen Bradley and Siemens for our control systems. Mechanical, control voltage, and Allen Bradley PLC experience preferred not required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Customer Service—the individual responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service and maintains confidentiality.
• Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.
A knowledge of Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A two-year technical degree is a plus. Must have proven mechanical/electrical experience for a minimum of 3 years.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; twist; bend; lift up to 50 pounds, talk, and hear. The employee will be standing for long periods of time and will be required to walk on a slippery production floor. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Temperature in the plant can reach 100 degrees in the summer and 50 degrees in the winter, will be exposed to flour and gluten, will enter the freezer..
The noise level in the plant is moderate to loud in areas.
|Date Posted||October 30, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Hours||40+ hours per week|
|SOC Category||47-2111.00 Electricians|
|Address||4657 G Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68117|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories