Senior Cost Accountant
James Skinner Baking Company Paris, TX
Provides support to the Corporate Operations Finance Manager by preparing information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational data/analyses for publication to various constituents throughout company for our Paris, Tx Plant. Primary responsibilities will include preparing daily, weekly, and monthly operational performance reporting, ROI evaluations of capital/process improvements, support product pricing analysis, process improvements, and be lead finance business partner to manufacturing site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, helping with the explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Partner with the Operations Finance Manager in determining the financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product roll out, etc. and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Partner with the Operations Finance Manager to identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with other financial management.
- Assist in the completion of special projects.
- The incumbent understands and complies with all food safety policies, procedures and programs as stated in the Company’s Food Safety Manual.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong experience income statement analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Some travel may be required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Business Administration is required.
- Two to four years of experience in a comparable position/function; experience with operations in a manufacturing setting required.
| Date Posted
October 10, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
13-1111.00 Management Analysts
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Salary Continuation
- Paid Vacations
- Relocation Assistance
- Sick Leave
This job is related other jobs in these career categories