Responsible for assisting in the design and build of electrical components for equipment that the engineering group is working on.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Associates degree in electrical field with programming experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.
Knowledge of NEC, NFPA and ISA standards.
Knowledge of Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards is a plus.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment is essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A two year technical degree or related work experience is required.
Five years experience with process controls is required.
Mechanical experience is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; twist; bend; stoop; lift up to 50 pounds, talk, and hear. The employee will be standing for long periods of time and will be required to walk on a slippery production floor. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Temperature in the plant can reach 100 degrees in the summer and 50 degrees in the winter, will be exposed to flour and gluten, will enter the freezer.
The noise level in the plant is moderate to loud in areas.
|Date Posted||August 25, 2017|
|Address||4651 F Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40+ hours per week|
|SOC Category||17-3023.03 Electrical Engineering Technicians|
|Address||4657 G Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68117|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories