COVID-19/Flu Clinic Nurses
Three Rivers Public Health Department (3RPHD) is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RN) to work per diem (as needed) at various covid/flu clinics within the Three Rivers Health Jurisdiction (Dodge, Saunders, and Washington counties in Eastern Nebraska).
This position is to fill a need for Seasonal RNs to assist during Flu Season (September - November). Expected hours are between 10-30 Hours/week (weekdays and some weekends) depending on need.
Under general supervision of the Manager of Nursing Services and the Public Health Nursing Manger, the RN performs the following essential duties:
- Administers vaccines, medications, and dosages according to assigned schedules, being aware of potential side effects, and contraindications and adheres to requirements for vaccine and medication storage and handling.
- Demonstrate excellent standards of patient care with concern, confidentiality, and initiative.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and procedures established by 3RPHD.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
- Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university required.
- Licensed to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Nebraska required.
- One (1) year experience in providing health services as a Registered Nurse required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Driver's License required.
- One year (1) of experience in specific nursing program relevant to the role they will perform preferred.
- Comfortable with Pediatrics a plus.
- Occasionally may need to pick up supplies for clinic; ability to do minor lifting (up to 25lbs).
- Bilingual candidates preferred, but not required.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)/Incident Command System (ICS) 100, 200, 700, and 800 certifications within six (6) months of employment.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license, current certificate of vehicle insurance, and access to reliable transportation to all assigned work locations.
- Must possess own mode of transportation.
- Successful completion of a criminal records check and drug screen test.
- Non-tobacco user.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with administering vaccinations and manual blood pressure.
- Skills required for reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation, and storage necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of required vaccination regulations and comply with them.
- Excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
- Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Deadline to Apply: July 30, 2021
Three Rivers Public Health Department
C/O Terra Uhing, Executive Director
2400N Lincoln Avenue
Fremont, NE 68025
Three Rivers Public Health Department is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).