Infant Teacher - OMAHA NE
Position: Infant Teacher
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Hours: 36 - 40 hours per week, Center is open 5:30 am – 6:30 pm, M-F
Mission Statement: AdventureTime Academy seeks to provide a positive and stimulating environment where the development of children is engaged through intentional, organized activities and encouraged by caring, professional staff.
Educational/Experiential Requirements: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 1-year experience in an infant room setting.
Annual Training Required: 24 total hours of approved training per year. 12 for state requirements and 12 for center requirements.
· Must be able to lift 35 lbs. daily, multiple times per day.
· Must be able to sit down and get up from the floor and play with children daily, multiple times per day.
· Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to work cohesively within a team to support its members and accomplish goals, duties and job responsibilities.
· Must have a positive disposition, flexible personality and demonstrates leadership ability.
· Must have strong organization and communication skills
· Must have the ability to multi-task
· Must be able to maintain emotional stability, mental & physical alertness and an appropriate level of energy to perform essential job duties.
· Willing and able to continue professional growth through staff meetings and specified levels of in-service training each year.
(Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.)
· Provide a clean, positive, organized and nurturing environment for the children in his/her care and in the care of the center.
· Maintain the health, safety, and security of the children in his/her care.
· Plan, assess, adapt, and schedule, age-appropriate curriculum involving various activities to stimulate and encourage children’s cognitive, emotional and physical skills, abilities and development.
· Facilitate written and verbal communication with parents/guardians on a daily basis to build strong relationships and maintain a high quality of care for the children.
· Respectfully manage infant teachers and floats to ensure classroom and center’s policies and procedures are being followed correctly and efficiently.
· Attends all relevant staff and classroom meetings.
· Ensures all personal and center licensing requirements are maintained within the infant room.
· Can complete (including but not limited to) the following job functions:
Ø Changing diapers
Ø Preparing food/bottles and feeding children
Ø Reading to and playing with children
Ø Cleaning and sanitizing toys and furniture
Ø Observing and recording children’s daily habits and behaviors
Ø Decorating the room and assisting with seasonal/holiday activities
Ø Changing sheets, folding linens
Ø Other duties as assigned.
|Date Posted||October 19, 2018|
|Date Closes||November 18, 2018|
|Located In||Papillion, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||38--40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||39-9011.00 Childcare Workers|
|Address||1610 Charleston Drive|
|City, State and Zip||Papillion NE 68133|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories