Jewish Federation of Omaha Omaha, NE
Primary Purpose of Job
Report to the Senior Director of Finance in the areas of finance and accounting by applying principles of accounting to prepare financial reports, analyze data, process receipts & payables while striving to improve efficiencies and provide a high level of customer service through communication and active participation as a team player.
Education Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience
Computer Experience in working with computerized accounting programs. Experience working with Microsoft Excel formulas, tables, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist in preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements
- Assist in monthly bank reconciliation
- Assist Senior Director of Finance in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Deadline oriented
- Great attention to detail
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal).
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, perform fine and gross movements with the hands/fingers and move about intermittently throughout the workday.
- Work in well-lighted and ventilated office area(s), as well as throughout the facility
| Date Posted
April 2, 2018
| Date Closes
May 2, 2018
333 S 132nd Street, Omaha, NE
| Located In
| Job Type
40+ hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Child Care (On-site)
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Health Club Membership
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories