Are you up for a challenge that will utilize your skills in a brand-new way? Want a company with a relaxed and positive workplace culture that knows that you re not just a number? Do you enjoy collaborating with All-Star teams to accomplish the primary goal of making a difference in our customers lives? Look no further, we have the job you ve been dreaming of. Our long-term care pharmacy is looking to add only exceptional people to our team.
What will a Pharmacy Technician do every day?
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures, including but not limited to: filling prescriptions in a variety of packaging systems, toting medications for deliveries, compounding medications for topical, oral, or IV administration, enter information for new or returning long term patients, and assisting with inventory related projects
- Run insurance claims, or make changes as appropriate
- Track patients and enter information as patients change facilities
- Enter prescription information into program
- Review prescription quantities for corrections
- Work with various departments to ensure orders are on time for process
- Work with a variety of technologies to complete expediting processes
- Work with IV services
- Process returns accurately and expeditiously
- Build positive rapport with team through effective communication
Pharmacy Tech minimum requirements will include:
- High School diploma or GED
- Certification as a licensed pharmacy technician through a national or state program preferred, but not required, * we will train the right person
- 1 year pharmacy technician retail experience required; long term care experience a plus
- Experience with data entry for a pharmacy using prescription and/or medical terminology required
- Strong computer skills and experience using a document management program
- Knowledge of drugs and drug categories
- Knowledge of IV services, not required but a plus
- Must be comfortable working with a various types of technology, including robotic fill machines
- Must be able to actively contribute to a positive team environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks, remain focused, and work independently
- Must be detail oriented
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to engage in frequent stooping, bending, reaching, and squatting throughout the day
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
You must be reliable and have a solid work history to be seriously considered for the position. A completed pre-employment drug screen and background check will be conducted.
Position hours: Shifts available between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Possible rotating weekend based on business needs.
Our Company is Community Pharmacy Services
We are pioneers in long-term care and continue to revolutionize the industry through innovative technology and personal innovative service. We take pride in hiring exceptional individuals who are proactive, forward thinking team players who want to play a key role in keeping CPS at the top of our industry. We are passionate about long- term care and building partnerships with our clients. Maintaining our positive workplace culture is also business success to us.
Community Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.