Any interest in being part of an All-Star team whose primary goal each day is to build partnerships and collaborate? Want to be in a company that you re proud to be a part of and want to represent? Would you love to provide amazing customer service and actually have the tools to do so? Enjoy variety in your day-to-day duties? If you answered yes, then look no further, we have the job you ve been dreaming of. Our long-term care pharmacy is looking to add only exceptional people to our billing team.
What will a Billing Specialist do every day?
- Build a positive rapport with clients and patients through inbound and outbound communication via telephone and email
- Handle new patient admissions, including benefit verification and assist with client and patient request, Medicaid and Hospice rebills, Hospice reports, and process payments
- Train to be an expert in pharmacy benefits; problem solve to resolve customers questions or concerns, and resolve insurance issues
- Communicate with clients/patients regarding account status
- Process Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice and Insurance claims for payment
- Interpret claims rejections and insurance denials
- Contact Insurance and Hospice plans for clarification and overrides
- Assist with DME claims adjudication
- Communicate with internal staff regarding claims rejections and refill too soon outcomes
Billing Specialist minimum requirements will include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year coding and insurance processing experience preferred
- 1 year word processing and/or data entry experience required
- 1 year customer service experience required
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, coding and insurance processing a plus
- Knowledge of DME claims processing a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required
- Must be able to actively contribute to a positive team environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks, remain focused, and work independently
- Must be detail oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
You must be reliable and have a solid work history to be seriously considered for the position. A completed pre-employment drug screen and background check will be conducted.
This position is an hourly position, must be available to work varies shifts Monday thru Friday; 7am - 3:30pm, 9am - 5:30pm and 10am - 6:30pm. Potential for rotating weekend shifts. Flexibility is a must.
Our Company is Community Pharmacy
We are a pioneer in long-term care and continue to revolutionize the industry through innovative technology and personal, innovative service. We take pride in hiring exceptional individuals who are proactive, forward thinking team players who want to play a key role in keeping CPS at the top of our industry. We are passionate about Long Term Care and building partnerships with our clients. Maintaining our positive work place culture is also business success to us.
Community Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer