Make a difference in someone's life today! The Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Behavioral Health, seeks a dynamic and experienced Facility Administrator to lead the Behavioral Health Regional Centers (state psychiatric hospitals) located in Lincoln and Norfolk, Nebraska. The Regional Centers care for persons committed by mental health boards or the courts and combined serve approximately 400 people. Successful candidates will be strategic thinkers dedicated to servant leadership and change management; possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to develop rapport, build relationships, and align talent with strategies; and be ambitious, operationally-focused and results driven.
To apply: If you are interested in joining our team and have a desire to fulfill our mission of "helping people live better lives," please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectation to Holly.Socha@nebraska.gov.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Behavioral Health, please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov.
Salary: Commensurate with related education, experience and qualifications.
Through a team approach, the Facility Administrator directs the operations of the three Behavioral Health Regional Centers and has responsibility to:
• Represent and promote the objectives and services with advocacy, federal agencies and the Joint Commission.
• Advise, direct and coach management on operational efficiencies, staffing, policies, procedures, initiatives and objectives that promote excellent patient care.
• Analyze and adjust facility operations to maximize financial performance and to determine areas for program improvement and cost effectiveness.
• Prepare facility operating and capital budgets and direct, monitor, forecast and address expenditures of the facilities.
• Develop and administer facility activities to ensure operational objectives are achieved, procedures are consistent, management is accountable, and coordination of patient care functions between facilities and among departments is achieved.
• Promote quality improvement to resolve reports of patient to patient abuse, restraint and seclusion, client related employee injuries and patient grievances.
• Partner with the Division of Behavioral Health Central Office to implement strategic planning.
• Adjust facility operations to meet the changing needs of DHHS facilities.
• Collaborate with 24-hour facilities in other DHHS divisions to seek operating efficiencies and cost savings in procurement and contracted services.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree in business, hospital, health care or public administration or related field plus progressively responsible management/administrative experience in a large health care facility.
PREFERRED: Masters degree in Health Care Administration or related field; experience working in 24 hour facility/hospital administration serving adult and/or youth patients; behavioral health organization experience in non-hospital setting; direct patient care experience; fiscal/budget and operations experience in large behavioral health organizations and/or hospitals with multiple sites; and QI and metric experience.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation. Main office is located at Lincoln Regional Center; frequent travel to Norfolk Regional Center required as well as attendance at Behavioral Health System and DHHS meetings.
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
|Date Closes||April 27, 2018|
|Located In||Lincoln, NE|
|Department||Health and Human Services|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Experienced (7-15 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||11-9111.00 Medical and Health Services Managers|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories