Associate Director of Nursing -(ADON)
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Lincoln, NE
Are you an RN? Do you have at least 3-5 years of RN Supervisory experience? #TeamDHHS' Behavioral Health Division has an amazing opportunity as an Associate Director of Nursing at our Lincoln Regional Center, (LRC). LRC is an accredited state psychiatric hospital. Come join #TeamDHHS and be a part of "Helping People Live Better Lives"!
|EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Under limited supervision from the Behavioral Health Nursing Director or Facility Administrator, and within the scope of RN licensure, performs supervisory nursing work responsible for a patient service unit, or department within a State run hospital;
- assists Nursing Leadership as requested;
- supervises professional and paraprofessional staff in the planning, implementing, delivery, and evaluation of nursing services to behavioral health patients focusing on ensuring management of crisis situations and other crisis management strategies and established policy and procedure to ensure the safety of patients and staff; performs related work as assigned.
- This position is responsible for a nursing services area program or unit which includes supervising subordinate staff including Behavioral Health Nurse Supervisors, Behavioral Health Registered Nurses, Registered Nurses, LPN's and Team Leaders; and policy/procedure development for assigned area OR has responsibility for nursing services on an entire shift.
- Positions in this class differ from the Nursing Director/Associate based on this class' responsibility for the oversight and supervision of nursing services at a State run hospital with patients who have been placed in the hospital by the judicial system or mental health board and who have acute mental and/or behavioral health needs.
Examples of work include, but are not limited to:
- Directly supervises professional and paraprofessional behavioral health nursing staff in providing quality patient care for patients with complex behavioral health needs and have been placed in the hospital by the judicial system or mental health board system.
- Completes performance evaluations on subordinate nursing service employees. Schedules nursing service staff to assigned shift and work area to provide for the most therapeutic milieu while maintaining safety for patients and staff.
- Supervises and trains subordinates in providing nursing care of mentally or behaviorally ill patients with an emphasis on utilization of least restrictive interventions required for maintenance of a safe milieu. May assist as needed in required nursing in-service training programs.
- Consults with psychiatrists, physicians, psychologists and other clinical staff in coordinating individual patient care treatment plans and compliance with legal and mental health board orders.
- May fill in for the Behavioral Health Nursing Director in their absence.
- Resolves conflicts between patients utilizing de-escalation techniques and other interventions to identify potential triggers which can lead to crisis situations and create safety concerns for patients and staff.
- Resolve conflicts between employees and addresses difficult personnel related problems following established procedures for conflict management and disciplinary process if warranted.
- Assures high standards of infection control in accordance with accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Assists in the administration of the quality assurance program as well as utilization review for facility accreditation programs and regulatory programs.
- Interviews and hires nursing service employees for designated shift, program or clinic.
- Assures that adequate standards of medical record keeping are maintained. Completes various nursing service reports. Responsible for inventory control of all narcotics, syringes, drugs and supplies. Performs nursing tasks in emergency situations.
- May attend department head and treatment team meetings.
|QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIREMENTS: A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Nebraska or authority based on the Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a registered nurse in Nebraska AND one year of experience assigning, reviewing, leading, or supervising the work of others.
PREFERRED: Five years of RN experience
| Date Posted
November 28, 2017
| Date Closes
December 28, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $28.57
| SOC Category
29-1141.00 Registered Nurses
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- College Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Credit Union
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unpaid Leaves of Absence
- Wellness Program
This job is related other jobs in these career categories