The Department of Health and Human Services, Developmental Disabilities Division, is seeking an enthusiastic psychologist to join the expanding clinical team! The Clinical Psychologist position is a full-time position. Apply today and join a great team in Helping Nebraskans' Live Better Lives!
Job location is Lincoln and Omaha.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
|EXAMPLES OF WORK:|
This successful candidate will perform varying assessments with people receiving services through the State of Nebraska who have intellectual/developmental disabilities (ID/DD) with co-morbid mental health diagnoses. (new paragraph) Successful candidate will support the following: (add bullet points)
• Assessments may include, but are not limited to: intellectual, adaptive, risk, behavior, and personality.
• Psychologist will work closely with a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and a Behavior Support Specialist (BSS) to complete comprehensive psychological and functional behavior assessments, diagnoses, and treatment plans.
• Will work closely with multidisciplinary teams (MD, APRN, SLP, PT, OT, direct care staff, etc).
• Provide clinical and organizational consultation.
• For people not currently receiving services through the State of Nebraska, the Psychologist will work to determine eligibility for individuals by conducting assessments with parents/guardians.
• Psychologist may be asked to testify at court hearings about assessments conducted or eligibility determinations.
• Candidate will have interest in working with Doctoral Psychology Interns in providing support and supervision.
|QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:|
REQUIREMENTS: Doctorate (e.g. PhD, PsyD, EdD) in psychology earned from an accredited institution of higher learning and obtaining the status of Provisionally Licensed Psychologist (PLP) or Licensed Psychologist (LP) from the State of Board of Psychologists prior to employment. Preferred: Licensed Clinical Psychologist with formal training in Applied Behavioral Analysis.
PREFERRED: 2-3 years experience delivering psychological services to persons with intellectual disabilities/developmental disabilities. Experience with community providers of ID/DD services. Experience supervising psychology interns and experience writing, implementing and monitoring behavior programs.
OTHER: Valid drivers license or the ability to provide authorized independent transportation
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:|
Possess and demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills when working with other professionals and direct care staff.
Visit www.statejobs.nebraska.gov to Apply Now!
|Date Posted||September 26, 2017|
|Date Closes||October 26, 2017|
|Located In||Lincoln, NE|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|Compensation||Varies, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||19-3031.00 Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories