This therapeutic mentor will serve as a direct care staff for our residential substance abuse treatment facility that serves adult women. This position provides supervision and support to residents as a part of the 24 hour direct care staff. The tech will be part of the team that provides oversight for the women during nontraditional business hours.
- Provides supervision and support for program participants as a part of residential program staffing for 24 hour per day, 7 day per week schedule.
- Documents client activity, progress and needs per established record keeping procedures.
- Participates in monthly staff meetings to obtain information, provide information, and assist with service planning.
- Provides support services for program participants under the direction of therapeutic staff.
- Operate basic office equipment as needed to meet facility needs.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of facility, including monitoring program participants’ activities.
- Orients clients to facility rules and addresses client non-compliance as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for other residents.
- Works as a team member with other program staff to provide direct care to clients.
- Observes program participants during medication time, documenting compliance/noncompliance.
- Exhibit good verbal/written communication skills
- Remains knowledgeable of support group services that provide support services for persons with substance abuse problems and their families.
- Answer or direct incoming referrals with appropriate information.
- Develops supportive relationship with clients.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media. This will include but is not limited to recognition of co-occuring conditions.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.