Summary of Position:
To assist and provide support for clients in meeting their daily needs in a healthy and safe manner. To monitor clients physical, social and behavioral needs and collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that the initiation of appropriate interventions and support are provided. Also includes documenting client behavior.
11pm to 7am overnights
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Pass medications according to physician orders and monitor for effectiveness and adverse effects, enter orders in the Medication Administration Register.
• Document appropriate information on charts and treatment sheets
• Arrive on time for shifts and work as scheduled
• Able to assess client functions and report changes to the team.
• Provides/facilitates education/support for clients in one-on-one or class setting.
• Consistently follows and assists clients in following the program structures and schedule.
• Maintains a safe and clean environment.
• Monitor, educate and assist residents in performance of activities of daily living in accordance with goals and problem areas identified on individualized treatment plan
• Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in areas related to the focus of the residential program.
• Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisor and peers to exchange pertinent information and to receive supervision.
• Interact appropriately with any and all visitors, family members, and care providers of residents.
• Carry out responsibilities pertaining to the efficient and therapeutic operation of the facility, including all events, activities and outings, utilizing safety management, emergency procedures and non-violent crisis intervention.
• Assist with inventory and general maintenance of supplies, facilities and equipment
• Perform cleaning duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Interact with clients in a confidential, therapeutic, and responsible manner maintaining a high level of ethical conduct.
• Manage crisis and emergency situations involving residents.
• Do rounds every 30 minutes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Certified Medication Aide/ willing to train the right candidate 40 hour course
• Someone with a working knowledge of treatment facility operations a plus.
• Must be able to follow instructions well and be a self-starter
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge and skills in educating clients in daily living skills.
• Observation and decision making skills.
• Experience in implementing group activities helpful.
• Knowledge of substance abuse / addiction issues or related work experience would be beneficial.
|Date Posted||June 2, 2023|
|Date Closes||July 2, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||31-1014.00 Nursing Assistants|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
CNA -Certified Nurse Assistant
CMA / CNA #hiringalert Blair NE #Job
CNA - Omaha NE #hiringalert Omaha #Job