As a HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, WG-5803-10, you will:
(1) Perform major repairs and maintenance on heavy mobile equipment and special purpose vehicles such as: fuel dispensing trucks, crash/structural fire equipment and pump trucks, large runway snow removal vehicles, sweepers, bulldozers, mobile cranes, road graders, heavy construction and earth moving vehicles, backhoes, power shovels, front end loaders and pans and trenchers.
(2) Diagnose the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks, test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges in order to determine the exact nature or extent of repairs or adjustments necessary to complete work.
(3) Perform body repair and corrosion control, refinishes and repaints surfaces as required.
(4) Prepare, maintain and submit applicable maintenance work orders for man-hour and data collection accounting, to include completing forms to reflect work performed or delayed and parts and maintenance required.
(5) Assist in review and updating maintenance technical orders, shop operating instructions, commercial publications, MAJCOM and local publications, as well as other pertinent directives.
(6) Operate general and special purpose vehicles and base maintenance and materials handling equipment, as required to support the unit mission.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Work involves the maintenance, repair, and modification of heavy duty vehicles and mobile equipment which have utility systems or special hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, or electronic systems, features, or controls designed for such purposes as construction, combat, earth moving, ship loading, firefighting, and comparable industrial or special applications.
Must possess experience or training that provides the candidate with the skill to make repairs or the ability to assist with repairs that can be accomplished by removing, adjusting, or replacing defective or worn parts.
Must possess at least 18 months experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems; experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment; experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems, and experience in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on heavy mobile vehicles, equipment and systems.
NOTE: Minimum Requirements and Specialized Experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position. Applicants must provide begin and end dates (MM/YY - MM/YY) with description of your specialized experience.
Min: E2/Amn Max: E7/MSgt
Enlisted applicants military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cGqFh
Applicants under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS:
Enlisted AFSC: 2TXXX
Applicants in the grade of E7/MSgt must possess an AFSC 2T351/2T371, Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance.
Applicants in the grade of E2/Amn - E6/TSgt must possess or be eligible to retrain into AFSC 2T3X1, Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance.
2T3X1 ASVAB Requirements:
Must possess a minimum score of "47" on the "MECHANICAL" portion of the ASVAB
Medical Profile PULHES must not be greater than 333233.
Must be able to lift 60 lbs. unassisted.
- Technicians are paid through Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT).
- The Selected applicant must complete an "I-9, Employment Verification" and a "Declaration of Relatives in the Wyoming Military Department" prior to the appointment date.
- Military Technicians are ineligible for military enlistment, retention, and student loan repayment bonuses. Acceptance of a Technician position will terminate these military incentives.
- Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP) and TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS).
- Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government unless noted in the Announcement.
- Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear the appropriate uniform while performing as a Technician.
- Veterans preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709(f).
Review our benefits
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
2. If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
3. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the Wyoming National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
4. The Wyoming Military Departments (WYMD) 335, Personnel - General Merit Placement& Promotion Plan, 1 December 2016, is available at: