GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work which demonstrates the candidates ability to communicate with individuals at different levels in order to assist and provide information. Experience using computers and automated systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To qualify at the GS-08 level (PD#2151000) applicants must have at least 18 months experience doing thorough accurate work that requires a logical sequence of steps to accomplish a task. Experience in obtaining and interpreting information, organizing and developing clear and meaningful written information. Experience providing technical and specialized administrative data, background material and references upon request.
NOTE: Your rÃ©sumÃ© and/or supporting documentation will be verified to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required as described in the duties listed above. You will also be evaluated to the extent you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics associated with the position. Therefore, please ensure your application package addresses the required specialized experience. In describing your experience, you should be clear and specific. We will NOT make assumptions regarding your experience. If your resume does not support the specialized experience requirements youve answered in the questionnaire answers, you will be rated ineligible for this position.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Military skill set is determined by AFSC requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military AFSC in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations, guides and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the AFSC.
The compatible AFSCs for this position are: 6F0X1
Military Grades: You must currently hold a pay grade of E-1 through E-6.
At a minimum, applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation for suitability purposes for employment in the federal government. Not being able to maintain a favorable background investigation may result in administrative action, including termination from employment.
· Incumbent must maintain membership in the Wisconsin National Guard.
· For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
· For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
· The wearing of the military uniform and abiding by the customs and courtesies as prescribed by applicable military service regulations are conditions of employment.
· Employees will be required to participate in direct deposit/electronic fund transfer (DD/EFT).
· If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
· Selected individual must pass a preplacement physical PRIOR to appointment.
- CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: The Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) authorized the Secretary of Defense to establish a financial management professional certification program that requires DoD employees who perform financial management functions, both civilian and military, to attain and maintain a DoD FM Certification. The incumbent shall achieve FM Certification Level 1 within 24 months of the effective date of their appointment and maintain the certification while in this position.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Wisconsin National Guard is an organization that values diversity and inclusion. As part of our recruitment process, we invite all job seekers interested in employment with The Wisconsin National Guard to voluntarily provide gender and ethnic information for Equal Employment Opportunity reporting. We do not use this self-identification information in any manner to make our hiring decisions, and whether or not you provide your self-identification information will have no impact on our review of your resume and/or application.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. Group Life Insurance, Health Insurance Programs, Retirement Program, Injury Compensation Benefits, 13 days Sick Leave each year, Annual Leave - 13 days a year for the first three years, 20 days a year for the next 12 years and 26 days after 15 years, 10 paid Holidays and 120 hours Military Leave.
The following web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
|Date Posted||July 15, 2018|
|Date Closes||August 14, 2018|
|Located In||Madison, WI|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories