GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidates ability to perform the duties of the position; experience using computer and automation systems.
Administrative Support Technician, GS-0303-6, Specialized: Must have at least 9 months experience performing administrative work, gathering information, compiling data and preparing reports; experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or law; experience using oral and written communication.
1. Knowledge of information analyses to determine proper flow and life-cycle management of information, regardless of medium.
2. Ability to operate information systems in order to create, collect, process, disseminate, use, store, protect, and dispose of information.
3. Ability to publish content through automated publishing tools.
4. Knowledge of publications and forms development, design, control, storage, acquisition and dissemination.
5. Skill in ensuring publications and forms meet prescribed style, format, and legal and statutory requirements.
6. Knowledge of Internet and e-mail management.
7. Ability to create manual and electronics file plans.
8. Knowledge of file cutoff procedures and disposition of and retrieval of records.
9. Ability to operate and manage records information management system and records staging areas.
10. Knowledge of Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act procedures and ability to provide assistance to ensure others comply.
11. Ability to provide guidance and assistance on common, standard electronic communications applications and establish policy, processes, and procedures for document management, collaboration, and workflow.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Military Grades: E-1 to E-5
Compatible Military Assignments: 3D1X1, 3A1X1, 3S0XX
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS:
a. Cost of living allowances (COLA) vary from employing States and is authorized only for those general schedule employees entitled to such allowances. COLA is subject to change without notice. b. Situations of inversion of military rank are not permitted, i.e., a military technician may not be militarily senior to his or her full-time supervisor. c. The compatible military duty assignment listed is broad in scope and does not mean that such military assignments are authorized/vacant. The selecting official reserves the right to select the most compatible and available military assignment. Unless otherwise stipulated in this announcement, such military assignment must be in the same unit by which employed (or a unit that is supported by the employing activity). d. Applicants will be screened and evaluated on military attributes directly related to the compatible military position required for appointment. Areas include military bearing and appearance, leadership, teamwork, military environment and fitness, awards and decorations. These areas will be evaluated as it relates to the whole person concept. Final selection will be based on qualification, military attributes, and suitability and the best qualified individual for appointment to the federal government. e. Final selection will be based upon qualifications, suitability, and available manpower resources. f. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. g. Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. h. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency. i. Veterans preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709(f).