EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information click here. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element(s) listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Job Elements: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element) (Job Element 1)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc. (Job Element 2-E)
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic) (Job Element 25-E)
- Use of Measuring Instrument (Job Element 60)
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)(Job Element 75-A)
- Trouble shooting (Job Element 96)
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- May be required to work compressed work schedule, overtime, rotating shifts, uncommon tours, weekends, etc.
- May be required to take irregular break and lunch periods
- May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft, vessel or vehicle on performance of temporary duty assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or above "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.