As the Plumber Supervisor in this position, you will:
- Perform work planning responsibilities.
- Perform work direction responsibilities.
- Perform administration responsibilities.
- Provide a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Ensure education in, compliance with, and practice of security directives, good safety, and health habits in all work areas.
Click here to preview the questionnaire for this position: View Assessment Questions
To qualify, there is no specific length of training or experience required; however, your resume must demonstrate enough experience to show your ability to perform the duties of a Plumber Supervisor without more than normal supervision. Examples of such experience include: (1) directing sequence of plumbing operations and methods employed by subordinates; (2) determining the number of workers needed to accomplish specific projects; (3) recommending solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations; and (4) resolving subordinate grievances and complaints.
The following summarizes the qualification standard for this position found in the Job Qualifications System for Trades and Labor Occupations (Handbook X-118C) http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/Tabindx.asp.
Part-Time or Unpaid Experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Other Significant Facts:
- Must be qualified with a State of Nevada Bureau of Safe Drinking Water Distribution-3 (D3) and Treatment-3 (T3) full certification in water Treatment/distribution. NOTE 1: Water Distribution-3 (D3) and Treatment-3 (T3) full certification holders from other states must apply for and receive State of Nevada Bureau of Safe Drinking Water Distribution-3 (D3) and Treatment-3(T3) full certification in water treatment/distribution before selected candidate receives a firm hire date. Note: 2 Operator in Training (OIT) certifications do not fulfill the D3 and T3 certifications requirement of this position.
- Knowledge of chemistry and physics as it applies to water procurement, purification, distribution and waste products processing and disposal. Complete knowledge of cross connection control devices and proper installation and type of device.
- The work requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle.
- This is a Key position IAW DOD Directive 1200.7. The incumbent must be removed from military status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
- Physical exam is required.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation (a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location) and be rated well-qualified by scoring 80 or higher on the assessment questionnaire for this vacancy. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPMs Career Transition Resources website here.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
- Application or resume;
- Statement requesting MSP; and
- Copy of military sponsors Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
This announcement may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.