ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Alabama Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD POSITIONS:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members of the Alabama Air National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens eligible for membership in the Alabama Air National Guard.
(1) Operates, analyzes performance, troubleshoots, inspects, installs, maintains, overhauls, repairs and modifies operational ordnance system(s) and subsystems consisting of numerous complex electronic components in fighter aircraft.
(2) Analyzes performance and isolate malfunctions to individual subsystems and or components of bombing/navigation, fire-control/weapons delivery, weapons multi-sensor displays and external electro-mechanical weapons systems, electro-optical targeting pod/weapon interfaces, R/F electronic countermeasures systems, target radar tracking and missile tracking radar.
(3) Removes, repairs, installs, inspects and conducts operational performance checkout of aircraft ordnance and isolates malfunctions and identifies if failures are in specific LRU's, aircraft weapons, avionics multiplex data bus matrix assemblies, or aircraft digital data wiring.
(4) Loads/unloads, positions and safeties air munitions using applicable technical data and handling equipment. Tests suspension, launch and release systems to ensure proper manual/electrical release on equipment.
(5) Conducts off-equipment troubleshooting and functional checks of electronic weapons control systems to ensure proper manual/electrical release and fire sequence. Performs bench checks to determine extent of repair needed and accomplishes Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) and modifications of components and software and tests for proper operation.
(6) Ensures all munitions are inventoried at the start and completion of the work shift. Ensures that all munitions expenditures are accurately tracked and recorded on applicable forms. When required will assist the munitions custodian of aircrew training munitions in conducting a weekly munitions inventory and reconciliation.
(7) Coordinates with loading standardization and the weapons element supervisor for all load crew-training requirements and ensures only loading certified/qualified personnel are directed to perform weapons loading tasks and may be required to perform weapons expediting on the flight line.
(8) Maintains and reviews publication files of applicable technical orders, regulations, manuals and local directives. Recommends and rewrites methods to improve maintenance procedures, technical data and equipment and initiates unsatisfactory equipment and technical order deficiency reports.
(9) Provides hands-on training instruction to lower graded personnel concerned with the repair of the electronic ordnance systems within the aircraft.
(10) Processes and accounts for due in from maintenance (DIFM) supply assets and ensure materials and equipment are properly stored, protected and maintained and funds are not obligated for material or parts without proper justification.
(11) Adjusts, installs and removes cartridges and squibs for tanks and pylons and chaff/flare systems. Adjusts and installs fusing devices in explosive air munitions. Removes and installs safety devices on munitions and gun systems and operates Munitions Maintenance Handling Equipment (MMHE) and loading equipment.
(12) Operates fault detection and digital test equipment. Evaluates pilot trouble reports to determine validity and the necessary repair actions. May be required to maintain certification as a weapons load crew chief or load crewmember.
(13) May be required to perform additional duties such as launch/recovery aircraft servicing, fire fighting, crash rescue duty or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(14) May be required to inspect, troubleshoot, test and maintain the Aerial Gunnery Target System. Analyzes, isolates and repairs off-equipment malfunctions of Aerial Gunnery Target Systems, target sets, digital control displays and associated equipment utilizing digital electronic test equipment and specialized tools. Services and maintains Aerial Gunnery Target System with gaseous nitrogen.
(15) May be delegated authority to clear Red X on aircraft forms.
(16) Performs other duties as assigned.