APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Indefinite Appointment
and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and must possess the following AFSC: 2W1X1
Max Military Grade: E6
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) may be authorized dependent upon funds available at the time of hire.
Note: All applications must contain a fully completed AZNG Form 335-2-R, Supplement to Application for Employment, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Note: Applications missing required forms, personnel report, Military RIPS, dates and signatures will NOT be considered.
Note: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
Note: All applicants will be placed on an Order of Merit List in the order of their referral and selection ranking.
Note: Acceptance of an offer of employment made from this vacancy announcement will require the selected applicants at the time of appointment to sign a statement of understanding that clearly outlines the selected applicants Individual Development Plan (IDP) KSA training requirements and minimum Specialized Experience time frames that are required for promotion of applicable known promotion pay grades associated with their qualifications.
QUALIFICATION: Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic, WG-6652-5/8/11
WG-5: At least 6 months of experience or training which demonstrates the ability to learn procedures used to service, repair and maintain aircraft ordnance equipment. Experience which has demonstrated an ability to recognize various defects of equipment. Experience in the use of common hand tools. Experience showing the ability to follow written instruction
WG-8: At least 12 months of experience or training in repair and installation of ordnance equipment and components such as launchers, pylons, bomb racks and actuators. Experience which required the ability to diagnose malfunctions. Experience in hand tools and a limited number of measuring instruments. Experience in the use of a variety of test equipment. Experience interpreting and applying a variety of technical manuals and similar published materials
WG-11: At least 18 months of experience or training in planning and layout of repair sequence and ability to complete modification, repair and installation of ordnance systems. Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions and determining remedy where complex relationships exist. Experience in hand tools and a limited number of measuring equipment. Experience in the use of a variety of test equipment. Experience in interpreting technical directions, blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams and manufacturers specifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge and appropriate training in functions of inspection, maintenance, installation, modification and repair of air munitions launch, release, suspension systems, R/F electronic countermeasures system and aircraft gun systems.
2. Comprehensive knowledge and skill in troubleshooting procedures, diagnosing problems and determining corrective action in the aircraft ordnance electronic systems.
3. Knowledge and skill to troubleshoot, repair, modify, or remove equipment and components such as gun systems, bomb racks, pylons, and the Ammunition Loading Systems (UALS/ALS).
4. Knowledge and ability to interpret and trace schematic, logic and wiring diagrams and use a wide variety of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE). Ability to perform algebraic and trigonometric formulas to solve work related problems.
5. Operational knowledge and skill in the operation, interrelationship and interdependent aspects of each ordnance system within the total complex aircraft electronic system(s) within fighter aircraft. Has extensive knowledge of each systems prerequisites, sequential events, and logic flow and signal input/output requirements for successful target acquisition, lock-on, launch and delivery of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons.
6. Knowledge of the principals of digital and analog circuits, synchro-electro-mechanical devices, solid-state
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.