SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The federal mission is to provide trained and qualified Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) Command and Control (C2) to augment MAJCOM deployable AOCs worldwide at the operational level of war. The state mission is to provide support to civil authorities, as directed by the Governor, for disaster relief, public safety, search and rescue, and civil defense, and Continuity of Operations. This position requires mastery level knowledge of air campaign strategy, combat plans, combat operations and the integration of Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Division (ISRD) assets required for successful execution. Must be trained and ready to function in a senior level position in a coalition AOC reporting to the Combined/Joint Force Air Component Commander (C/JFACC) at the 3-star level. Accordingly, must direct all actions that prepare unit members to perform at the operational level of war in an AOC. Responsibility to possess a working knowledge of all Air Force Weapon Systems and their capabilities, as well as a clear understanding of the systems and capabilities of other DOD components, NATO nations, and other coalition partners. This mastery level knowledge is required to sustain the development and execution of a daily Air Tasking Order for a minimum of 30 days at 500 missions per day.
- Determines squadron goals for long- and short-range planning and execution of all programs.
- Provides direction and leadership to unit members, including full-time air technicians and AGRs as well as traditional Guardsmen.
- Accomplishes, through subordinate supervisors, the mission training program.
- Directs organizational mission capability through a series of extensive Air Force inspections.
- There is frequent contact with senior leadership in USAFE, PACAF, CENTCOM, Numbered Air Forces, NGB, and state JFHQ, often to establish policy or to advance unit operational initiatives to include reach back and Distributed Mission Operations (DMO).
- Maintains leading edge technology capability through cooperative exchanges with AF Research Labs for technology/ operational information and field testing and evaluation.
- Directs the formulation, presentation, justification and execution of the annual budget for the COS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description (D1944000) located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fs_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRtaToL2jr7lGuam0buidbZKXmqZUf2qCRtyUbYWdmKlThQ%3D%3D