GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which has provided a knowledge and skill in locating and tying in the electrical systems with the aircraft armament, electronics, and instrument systems; adjusting and calibrating the components of the various electrical systems; reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To qualify for the WG-11 (PD#D1549000) level, applicants must show at least 18 months experience or training installing, maintaining, repairing and modifying electrical systems and major substation components of electrical system. Experience diagnosing malfunctions and determining remedy when complex relationships exists among different electrical system circuits requiring knowledge of all electrical units and systems. Experience making electrical repairs that require the use of precision measuring equipment and common hand tools. Experience in the setup and operation of computerized multiple circuit analyzing equipment in manual, semiautomatic, or automatic mode to run existing and new (not fully debugged) diagnostic programs to test and analyze aircraft electrical circuitry and interconnecting cabling of systems such as navigational computers, radar, and related equipment and to repair discrepancies.
NOTE: Your rÃ©sumÃ© and/or supporting documentation will be verified to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required as described in the duties listed above. You will also be evaluated to the extent you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics associated with the position. Therefore, please ensure your application package addresses the required specialized experience. In describing your experience, you should be clear and specific. We will NOT make assumptions regarding your experience. If your resume does not support the specialized experience requirements youve answered in the questionnaire answers, you will be rated ineligible for this position.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Military skill set is determined by AFSC requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military AFSC in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations, guides and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the AFSC.
The compatible AFSC for this position is: 2A6X6
Military Grades: You must currently hold a pay grade of E-5 through E-6 to be eligible to apply for this position
At a minimum, applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation for suitability purposes for employment in the federal government. Not being able to maintain a favorable background investigation may result in administrative action, including termination from employment.
· Incumbent must maintain membership in the Wisconsin National Guard.
· For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
· For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
· The wearing of the military uniform and abiding by the customs and courtesies as prescribed by applicable military service regulations are conditions of employment.
· Employees will be required to participate in direct deposit/electronic fund transfer (DD/EFT).
· If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
· Selected individual must pass a preplacement physical PRIOR to appointment.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Wisconsin National Guard is an organization that values diversity and inclusion. As part of our recruitment process, we invite all job seekers interested in employment with The Wisconsin National Guard to voluntarily provide gender and ethnic information for Equal Employment Opportunity reporting. We do not use this self-identification information in any manner to make our hiring decisions, and whether or not you provide your self-identification information will have no impact on our review of your resume and/or application.