THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION
The purpose of this position is to supervise workers, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders in accomplishing the work of the Propulsion Element and to perform associated non-supervisory work. The occupation and non-supervisory grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Engine Mechanic, WG-8602-10.
Subject to Night and/or Rotating Shifts
GENERAL: Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
Aircraft Engine Mechanic Supervisor WS-8602-10: In addition to the journeyman level knowledge, must have 36 months of specialized experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel; Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines; Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function; Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes; Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Ability to plan weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations.
2. Ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines.
3. Ability to coordinate the activities of the function.
4. Ability to maintain a harmonious work environment conductive to high employee productivity and job satisfaction.
5. Ability to supervise through subordinate supervisors
6. Ability to devise modifications and changes to improve the productivity of the work process.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. : http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance -: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on this announcement with the prescribed cover letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.