1. Planning: Serves as section supervisor, exercising supervisory responsibility over assigned integrated systems repair and maintenance work operations. Supervises employees involved in the maintenance, repair, and modification of integrated multi-complex avionics systems. Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities and materials. Establishes deadlines and priorities and work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by higher level supervisors. Determines the sequence, priority, and time for the performance of operations within the limits of broad work schedules and time limits. Coordinates work with supporting or related work functions controlled by other supervisors. Determines the number and types of workers needed to accomplish specific projects. Redirects individual workers and resources to accomplish unanticipated work. Informs higher level supervisors of the need to revise work schedules and re-estimate labor and other resources. Participates with superiors in the initial planning of current and future work schedules, budget requests, staffing needs, estimates, and recommendations as to scheduling projected work.
2. Work Direction: Assigns work to individuals and provides technical direction and/or help in accomplishing difficult work steps and processes; observes work in progress to anticipate and resolve problems, reassigns personnel within group supervised, and coordinates work among workers and other supervisors to maintain work progress to meet schedules; inspects completed work for quality and work order requirements; and reports possible or actual work delays to their supervisors.
3. Administration: Supports and explains management programs to their subordinates; recommends performance ratings, training, disciplinary actions, changes in performance standards, and the most suitable applicants for vacancies; advises and counsels workers on how to improve their performance and explains new work techniques; investigates grievances and complaints, resolves them informally, and notifies supervisors of those of sufficient importance or seriousness; assures safety and housekeeping practices are observed; and maintains work reports and records and assists supervisors in planning overall leave schedules.
4. Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
5. Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. Performs additional duties such as accident/mishap response, various shift supervision, special project management, heavy equipment operations, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies, as required.