All GS-0083 series personnel must be certified at the next higher level before being eligible for that level and must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in the grade immediately below the next higher level. Understanding of the basic principles and concepts of military security forces functions, laws, policies, regulations, rules, procedures, and methods. Also, have general experience performing functions such as weapon systems and resource security, air base defense, law enforcement; and if applicable for the position, experience in combat arms functions.
Meeting the months of experience requirement will not by itself be accepted as proof of qualification. Quality, type, and scope of experience, training or education must be demonstrated to show that the applicant is fully qualified to perform duties at the grade level announced.
Specialized Experience: You MUST have 6 months experience in EACH of the following KSAs:
1. Knowledge of security and security forces requirements, procedures, and tactics to support installation physical security and contingency operations. Knowledge of firearms and tactics utilized in emergency situations.
2. Knowledge of the full range of security forces, and police and law enforcement services which requires considerable training, experience, and proficiency to perform the full range of operations in preventing or resolving offenses.
3. Knowledge of standardized federal laws, regulations, methods, procedures, operating techniques, Air Force instructions, state, and local laws to perform tasks including, but not limited to, pursuing and apprehending persons fleeing a crime scene; performing dispatcher duties involving passing of directions and information to officers on posting assignments; seeking, detecting, and protecting evidence and witnesses at the scene of an incident; and detaining witnesses and suspects.
4. Knowledge of emergency services, tactics, and procedures to include, weapons and chemical agents, negotiations, building layouts, terrorist threats and counter terrorism methods, search and rescue techniques, crowd and demonstration control, etc.
1. Must be currently qualified with M-4 or M-16 and M-9 in accordance with the appropriate military regulation.
2. Must have a current satisfactory PT/Fitness score/assessment or documentation validating a current medical profile.
3. Must possess a Security Clearance.
4. Must have a state drivers license for the State in which they live or are principally employed.
5. Pass all medical requirements.
Employees selected for full-time positions that require mandatory training at the National Guard Professional Education Center (NGPEC) will have 12 months from the date of hire to complete the required course(s). Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at NGPEC for new personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination.
Enlisted Cash Bonuses: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable. Your bonus may be terminated and repayment may be required.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the interst of the Government.
For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they love or are principally employed.