Minimum Requirements: Experience or training which demonstrates the knowledge of trade; ability to apply identification skill (matching specific item name, models, and stock or part numbers with similar specific information at stock locations); ability to use simple hand tools (pliers, screwdrivers, etc) and to follow oral and written instructions.
Specialized Experience: 12 months experience or training in verifying stock by opening, counting and visually checking the contents of the containers. Experience in establishing stock location by considering such factors as use, size, shape and weight of items. Experience in completing stock records by showing the names, quantities and location of stock. Experience in identifying correct nomenclature and stock number of items in order to locate stock for issue. Experience in performing maintenance such as replacing wooden handles on handsaws, changing blades on power saws, and greasing or oiling power and hand tools.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume.
1. Thorough knowledge of governing supply regulation, policies and procedures to conduct extensive research for required information as it pertains to inventory management.
2. Ability to interpret supply records to reconstruct cause and need of inventory adjustment.
3. Knowledge of trend analysis as it pertains to inventory management.
4. Knowledge of HQ Air Force directed inventory requirements as dictated by Air Force Manuals and other DoD regulations.
5. Knowledge of established supply regulations, policies, operations, procedures, and other instructions applicable to the specific assignment.
6. Knowledge and ability to perform routine aspects of supply work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management, such as inventory management, excess property, storage management etc.
Quality of Experience Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicants record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience High school graduate or the equivalent may be substituted for three months of specialized experience. Education in schools above the high school level may be substituted for experience on the basis of one academic year of study (i.e., 36 weeks or substantially full-time study or 30 semester hours or the equivalent.) for 12 months of the required experience. For experience required in excess of 24 months, education in schools above the high schools level may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of education for six months of experience. School above high schools level means an educational institution (e.g., a business or commercial school or college, a secretarial school, a junior college or a college or university.) for which high school graduation or the equivalent is a prerequisite and in which an applicant successfully completed study which was not primarily limited to courses in word processing and keyboarding or both. Substantially full-time study in the case of business and commercial schools is the equivalent of at least 20 classroom hours of instruction per week. One academic year consists of approximately 36 weeks of substantially full-time study or 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Air National Guard (NCANG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E6 and below) position in the NCANG is mandatory. (AFSC: 2S0X1)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: Must be able to pass an operators test for forklift equipment up to 10,000 lbs. For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state drivers license.