BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The basic qualification requirements are indicated below. These qualification requirements must be met, in addition to any military requirements, in order to be found qualified for and selected to this position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training which has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, components and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (Please prepare written justification to the following KSAs as an attachment to your resume/application):
1. Knowledge of the makeup, operation and installation of a variety of systems, assemblies and surfaces is required.
2. Knowledge to determine when new surfaces, assemblies and systems should be installed or repaired through replacement of new parts and components.
3. Knowledge of types and extent of adjustments and alignments required.
4. Skill in the removal, replacement and adjustment of various systems assemblies and surfaces or any of their components and parts.
5. Skill in connecting, meshing and adjusting surfaces, assemblies and systems with one another.
6. Knowledge and skill to use precision test equipment, technical data, schematics, writing diagrams, mathematical formulas, common hand tools, jigs, templates and various gauges.
QUALITY AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE: The required amount of experience/education will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification. The quality, type and scope of the experience/education must be of such nature as to demonstrate that applicants are fully qualified to perform the duties at the level for which they apply.
DOCUMENTATION: Applicants must explain in detail, in the application, how the specialized experience was acquired, including applicable dates. Applicants should include, with application, any training completion certificates/transcripts in the areas covered in the KSAs.
MILITARY COMPATIBILITY: Individual selected must be assigned, prior to appointment, to a compatible Duty Air Force Specialty Code of: 2A5X1.
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTE: Military education, related to the position, may be substituted for specialized experience on a day-for-day basis for qualification at the WG-05 and WG-08 levels. Certificates/diplomas must be submitted with application for award of credit. Civilian education, above the high school level, may be substituted for specialized experience on a case-by-case basis. Transcripts or equivalent must be submitted for award of credit.
APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS: Excepted Civil Service. Individual selected must be assigned to an enlisted position in the New Mexico Air National Guard. Individual must wear the uniform as prescribed by National Guard Bureau policies and the Adjutant General of New Mexico.