APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and must possess the following AFSC : 20C0, 21XX, 17XX, 11MX
Max Military Grade: O6/Col
NOTE: Must possess the following AFSC: 20C0, 21XX, 17XX, 11MX
NOTE: This is a dual-announced vacancy. Selectee will remain in their competitive program
NOTE: This is a key staff appointment
NOTE: Must be immediately promotable effective 1 July 2017 (COE not required)
NOTE: Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
NOTE: Placement/Promotion is contingent upon Control Grade Availability
NOTE: Placement may be contingent upon successful Manpower Change Request.
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
QUALIFICATION: Aircraft Maintenance Officer (Commander), GS-1601-14, O5(P)-O6
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience in applying principles, concepts, and methods of equipment, facility, or service operations. Experience using well-established occupational methods and techniques to determine needs for resource maintenance, repair, overhaul, restoration, etc. Experience in determination of resource needs, resource allocation, and budgeting/funding needs. Experience in personnel management policy, and personnel actions, to include experience coordinating work forces and negotiating with management or clients concerning problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Skill in leading personnel to achieve: mission goals, proper use of resources, effective force management, and continued unit development.
2. Ability to develop and implement numerous long term plans to include: strategic planning (mission, goals, values, objectives, etc.), aircraft fleet management, personnel force management, facilities and equipment, deployment plan, and others.
3. Ability to organize and direct all unit aircraft maintenance functions to meet mission requirements while optimizing the use of personnel and resources.
4. Knowledge in planning and instituting fiscal policies to implement federal law and higher headquarters directives.
5. Ability to speak for the Wing Commander, with either military or civilian representatives from local, state, and national level organizations.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.