MAJOR DUTIES: (Complete and detailed duties are on the Position Description)
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
The primary purpose of this position is to establish and execute a planned systematic approach of quality assurance for all areas of aircraft maintenance, designed to provide the maintenance managers confidence that aircraft, aircraft systems, munitions, equipment, products or supporting processes conform to technical, safety, work load and customer requirements. The overall objective is to ensure that quality considerations are addressed and requirements achieved for all aircraft maintenance work and support functions to ensure end items perform as intended with reliability.
(1)Serves as the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for wing maintenance policy, advising supervisors and employees on both general policy and specific maintenance matters.
(2) Maintenance Standardization Evaluation Program (MSEP): Administers, evaluates, and coordinates a comprehensive quality assurance, maintenance standardization, and inspection program for all areas of the maintenance organization, all maintenance disciplines, job series and Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSCs).
(3) Utilizes data collection techniques and procedures for evaluation, inspection, and audit programs, evaluates the results and determines the appropriate and effective method and format for presentation to higher-level management.
(4) Collaborates with the Maintenance Group Commander, Maintenance Squadron Commanders, and Quality Assurance Supervisor to plan, develop, implement, inspect, and report numerous critical compliance issues and review the Configuration Management (CM) programs.
(5) Serves as the Aircraft Weight and Balance program manager utilizing complex computer based programs, data bases, electronic weighing apparatus, and integrated weight and balance computers for the Wing to maintain strict accounting of aircraft weight and balance for safe flight operations.
(6) Reviews wing depot-level assistance requests developed in accordance with tech orders.
(7) Prepares and reviews Product Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR) prior to releasing to the Air Logistics Center (ALC) or Aircraft Sustainment Group and performs exhibit-processing oversight by coordinating with ALC and Logistics Readiness Squadron to ensure proper exhibit control and handling.
(8) Serves as the authority for determining applicability of Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) and One Time Inspections (OTI).
(9) Manages the Technical Order Improvement Program and Suggestion Program for the wing.
(10) Executes a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) to monitor Contractor Logistic Support (CLS) aircraft or Contract Field Team (CFT).
(11) Maintains direct contact with the NGB staffand with counterparts at other ANG bases in order to resolve problems affecting maintenance capabilities and compliance.
(12) Manages and conducts quality verification inspections and surveillance inspections of conventional weapons systems and components
(13) Performs other duties as assigned.