The following list is not comprehensive but provides a snapshot of some of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Performs mission capability (MICAP) verification, reports and processes cannibalization actions.
- Processes local manufacture (LM) MICAPs and corrects discrepancies identified by the GLSC resulting from MICAP Enterprise Supply Solution (ESS) reconciliation.
- Establishes requirements for customer using automated systems and notifies customer of asset availability.
- Processes Aircraft Document Review (ADR).
- Manages the DIFM listing, validates/updates DIFM listing with status by processing required transaction as necessary.
- Performs DIFM reconciliation with both maintenance and supply customers to ensure verification of current status and asset location.
- Manages the Supply Point program.
- Conducts physical reconciliation with the Supply Point monitor to verify detail balances, reconcile out of balance conditions as well as ensures all required transactions have been processed.
- Conducts Supply Point inventories, researches and reconciles discrepancies.
- Manages the AWP program.
- Completes required AWP checklist and processes necessary transaction to confirm status.
- Initiates follow up with item manager for improved status as well as requests for disposition instructions for end item when AWP parts are not available.
- Maintains Tail Number Bin (TNB) and Due-Out Release (DOR) point.
- Reviews repair cycle data list and identifies critical items at which coordination is conducted with maintenance to ensure critical items are turned in at the prescribed time frame.
- Establish, maintain and delete bench stocks in coordination with supported activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience, education, or training in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 12 months specialized experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment. Experience conducting extensive searches for required information; reconstructing records for complex supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, or parts. Experience performing routine aspects of supply work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of requisitions, supporting documents and reference material to perform material coordination storage management responsibility for special programs, maintenance, and production shops.
- Knowledge of established supply regulations, policies, procedures, and other instructions applicable to the specific assignment.
- Knowledge to conduct extensive and exhaustive searches for required information in order to reconstruct records for complex supply transactions.
- Knowledge and ability to perform routine aspects of supply work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management, such as inventory management, excess property, storage management etc.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, selectee must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
For positions requring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret), selectee must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician position, the selectee must be assigned to 165th Logistic Readiness Squadron Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlistedmember in AFSC: 2SXXX.
Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).