(A complete position description is on file in the HRO.)
- Manages the unit On-the-Job Training (OJT) program. Develops and implements policies and procedures to provide a uniform and effective internal OJT program. Conducts meetings to familiarize trainers and supervisors with the concepts, scope, objectives, methods and procedures, which must be followed. Insures that all eligible personnel are entered in upgrade training (UGT) and receive applicable Career Development Courses (CDCs). Coordinates with and advises commanders on the progress of trainees and schedules supervisor and commander evaluations at required time frames. Processes classification actions as necessary. Reviews section training plans to ensure compliance with unit training goals. Conducts annual Staff Assistance Visits to evaluate the administration, documentation, operation and effectiveness of the overall training program of the unit and prepares a written report. Ensures currency of all unit level training rosters. Ensures all required training records are maintained IAW current directives and local policies. Maintains a file of current Career Field Education and Training Plans (CFETPs) for each AFSC authorized on the Unit Manning Document (UMD) and informs affected supervisors of all changes. Provides technical expertise to supervisors in developing workcenter lesson plans. Ensures that all assigned personnel have completed the Air Force Trainer/Certifier Course. Instructs Train the Trainer, Train the Certifier and other OJT classes as required. Critiques course materials and submits recommended changes to MAJCOM. Develops and instructs remedial courses as required. (30%)
- Manages unit formal training program by providing duty sections with guidance on all aspects of formal training. Monitors the formal training program to include technical courses, CDCs, and OJT for all sections serviced. Advises Commander, section OICs, trainers and supervisors of the policies, status, progress and programming of training. Plans, compiles and forwards unit training requirements annually to higher headquarters. Makes updates and changes as required. Reviews all requests for training. Ensures that the training is justified and that members meet all prerequisites for training, and all documentation is complete. Manages all Training Line Numbers (TLNs) to include funding and associated workdays. Coordinates with Force Support Unit (FSS) or appropriate training office on matters pertaining to training. (20%)
- Manages the ancillary training program (ATP). Standardizes training procedures and techniques. Develops, tracks, and reports on unit-wide ATP using automated tools. Focal point for all Computer Based Training (CBT) programs, Distance Learning (DL) programs, and Warrior Network programs, to include setup, operation and program availability. Schedules Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning Courses (AFIADL). Administers tests and forwards required documentation to the MAJCOM. (20%)
- Integrates training needs and priorities into the units planning and decision-making. Ensures unit has developed a training plan annually, which will include upgrade training for all assigned personnel, and indicate which type of training will be accomplished at each Unit Training Assembly (UTA). Recommends areas of training, retraining and required manning changes to unit commander and higher headquarters. Identifies problem areas in unit; determines causes and recommends action in all training programs to improve unit effectiveness. Ensures training schedules and materials are available to minimize disruption of training programs. (20%)
- Serves as the units liaison for external training opportunities and resources. Coordinates with outside training agencies, advisory services, multimedia libraries and sections conducting training within the unit as required. Counsels unit members in civilian education programs (e.g., Community College of the Air Force, tuition assistance etc.). (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned.