SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The purpose of this position is to provide supervision, subordinate guidance, and team leadership to dual status, non-dual status, and civilian employees. They are accountable for directing the information and data integrity of all base and tenant organizations, as well as geographically separated units (GSUs) and communications and information functions. As the supervisor, the incumbent coordinates with DOD, AF, MAJCOMS, National Guard Bureau (NGB), other activities, and Wing Flying Units to procure, distribute, maintain, and replace requirements for all information technology (IT) and telecommunications infrastructure. Performs long-term planning and organizational development necessary to accomplish IT and telecommunications functions for programs essential ANG daily operations, training, and readiness missions.
- Manages, plans, organizes, controls, and directs the communications activities for the Wing and Base to ensure mission accomplishment and optimum use of resources.
- Coordinates communications activities and projects with other concerned agencies and organizations.
- Coordinates with support organizations to assure an integrated approach to solution of problems.
- Ensures formulation of comprehensive training plans for each function and specialty within the C4 and logistics activity.
- Monitors and controls the daily expenditure for material and manpower resources in accomplishment of peacetime and wartime mission goals.
- Develops an IT acquisition process, which satisfies the provisions of the Information Technology Management Reform Act (ITMRA) while incorporating the Air Force Corporate Process and the DOD Acquisition structure.
- Ensures all support agreements and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), are appropriately coordinated and approved.
- Works under the broad and general direction of the Administrative Officer (Support Officer) and performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description (D2170P01) located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fs_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRtaToL2jr7lGuam0buidbZKYkqlQn2qDRtyUbYaXl6NSgg%3D%3D