EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information click here. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element(s) listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Job Elements: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
· Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element)
· Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
· Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
· Use of Measuring Instruments
· Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (Includes blueprint reading)
· Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
· Trouble shooting
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Work requires moderate to strenuous effort. Must climb, bend, stoop, crawl, and stand for prolonged periods, lifts parts and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds. May be required to climb higher than 12 feet.
· Work is performed in clean, well-lighted, well-ventilated areas outside and inside in noisy aircraft hangers and be may be exposed to grease, oils, fuels, and solvents.
· May require work overtime, rotating shifts, uncommon tour, weekends etc.
· May require a valid drivers license.
· Testing designated position (TDP) and employee is subject to random drug test under the Air Force Drug Testing Program.