THIS IS AN INDEFINITE POSITION
Selectee may be non-competitively converted to permanent status if/when funding becomes available
This position is located in the Medical Group at an Air National Guard Wing. The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the Senior Medical Officer for the entire installation, including tenant unit(s) and Geographically Separated Units (GSU) with responsibility for directing and managing all medical administrative functions including medical support, medical operations, force health management, force health protection, healthcare management, and related health applications. Serves as a fulltime partner with the Wing Commander, Squadron Commanders, Senior Management Staff, tenant unit(s) and GSU Commander(s) in planning, implementing, and executing medical programs directly associated with the objectives of the Wing(s), State Headquarters, and Air National Guard / Surgeon General (ANG/SG). The incumbent may function as the Medical Group Commander.
GENERAL: Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of the principles of organization, management, and administration.
Medical Administrative Officer GS-0301-12: Must have 36 months of specialized operating, program, or managerial experience in a type of work or a combination of functions directly related to the position to be filled or in comparable work or functions; experience in developing and recommending policy; organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of operations; experience in supervisory, staff or technical work which included study, analysis or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices and procedures; experience preparing written communications and oral presentations and/or briefings or requiring the candidate to communicate orally at the level of the position to be filled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of the Medical Group programs and wing medical readiness capabilities. Knowledge is applied in conducting studies, analyzing findings and making recommendations to Wing leadership.
2. Knowledge of the USAF and ANG mission, organization and programs.
3. Knowledge of NGB strategic management objectives and policies to develop guidance on techniques for effective implementation and operation of the Wing medical programs. Knowledge is used to develop procedures and directives to determine what to measure, how to measure, develop plans of correction and define the results for program effectiveness.
4. Knowledge of clear and concise oral and written communication.
5. Experience in project and multiple program management.
6. Knowledge of medical information management systems.
7. Knowledge of fiscal management to include basic budgeting and accounting processes.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR rÃ©sumÃ©. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Conditions of Employment:
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees.
Main site for new federal employees - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 90 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.