Must be enrolled in a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) program, have a high school diploma, GED, or accepted for enrollment and/or attending college.
Mandatory requirement for proof of three (3) types of certification prior to employment as a lifeguard:
- A current and valid nationally recognized lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills, and procedures
- A current and valid nationally recognized basic first aid certification
- A current and valid nationally recognized CPR certification, which includes adult, child, and infant procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Basic knowledge of lifesaving, first aid, and CPR as would be learned through an approved course leading to certification.
- Ability to learn swimming facility rules, work procedures, equipment, and materials to perform standing, recurring tasks.
- Ability to follow step-by-step instructions to perform simple, routine, or repetitive tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally.
- Demonstrated current physical ability to swim to and rescue swimmers of all age groups up to and including adult and to administer CPR to adults, children, and infants
This position has an education requirement. You will be required to provide official transcripts or proof of enrollment to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. You MUST provide proof of current enrollment or provide High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position requires pre-employment screening for swimming ability, rescue skills, and CPR skills.
2. Participation in required in-service training and maintenance of physical capabilities to perform rescues throughout the period of employment are conditions of employment for this position. All certifications must remain current during the period of employment.
3. Position is identified as having "regular contact with children" (e.g., youth swim lessons instructor) in accordance with public law, a criminal background check must be completed.You must be attending High School, or completed a General Education Diploma (GED) program and/or attending college.
- Meet the qualification standards of the position
- A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island).
- Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if:
- Permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act
- Eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws