The description of your work experience in your application (resume with acceptable format) must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the following knowledge, skill, and abilities shown below to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position being filled:
1. Ability to do the work of a (Production Machinery Mechanic) without more than normal supervision. (THIS IS A SCREENOUT ELEMENT. SCREENOUT ELEMENTS ARE THE CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES THAT ARE ESSENTIAL FOR SATISFACTORY JOB PERFORMANCE. APPLICANT MUST RECEIVE A MINIMUM OF TWO POINTS ON THE SCREENOUT ELEMENT TO BE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.)
2. Knowledge of and ability to disassemble, assemble, overhaul, repair and modify fixed production machinery.
3. Knowledge of fixed production machinery technical practices such as, but not limited to, Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines, turret lathes, compressors, automatic screw machines, universal milling machines and heavy duty radial drill presses.
4. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, schematics, and technical orders etc.
5. Ability to use and maintain tools, equipment and measuring instruments in the repair of fixed production machinery equipment and components.
6. Ability to troubleshoot fixed production machinery, industrial equipment and their components.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Other Significant Facts:
1. Appointment is contingent upon passing a physical examination.
2. Incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
3. Incumbent is required to obtain and maintain appropriate background investigation or security clearance.
4. Ability to distinguish basic colors.
5. May be required to operate a tug and lift, operate overhead crane to lift machines, machine components, and materials in support of assigned work.
6. Required to obtain and maintain a valid government vehicle operators license to drive and operate a motor vehicle to and from work sites.
7. Incumbent may be required to work overtime and is subject to call back at any time; day, nights and weekends.
8. May be required to work any shift or non-standard work week.
Physical Demands: Employee is subject to walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling and working in awkward positions for sustained periods of time. Frequently handles objects weighing 50 pounds, occasionally up to 75 pounds, carrying objects for considerable distances. Use of good near vision and color perception and dexterous use of hands is required. Required to climb and work from ladders, platforms, scaffolding and cat walks at heights up to 50 feet. Subject to hazardous work area, i.e., eye, noise and chemicals, May be require to wear safety equipment/devices and protective equipment as prescribed by appropriate safety regulations. Ability to distinguish basic colors.
Working Environment: Work is performed inside and outside in hazardous and noisy areas. Occasional exposure to toxic atmospheres, such as oils, grease, solvents, and plating solutions. Mechanics are subject to injuries such as electric shock, arc flash, cuts and bruises, as well as burns caused by electrical energy or soldering irons. Incumbent is required to comply with and wear safety devices as specified by pertinent safety regulations.
NOTE: If you want to change and/or add information to your application package (resume with acceptable format) during the open period of this announcement, you will need to reapply (to include completing the online questionnaire) and include the changed and/or added information with your application package. This will ensure you receive full consideration for this position.