APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Indefinite Appointment
and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and be able to qualify for the following AFSC : 2A6X6
Max Military Grade: E-5/SSgt
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Note: PCS funds may be authorized dependent upon funds available at the time of hire.
Note: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
Note: Individual selected will receive an Indefinite appointment and may be converted to a Permanent appointment.
Note: Applications missing required forms, personnel report, Military RIPS, dates and signatures will not be considered.
This Vacancy Announcement is an Open Until Fill/Order of Merit List Vacancy Request:
Note: All selected applicants will be placed on an Order of Merit List in the order of their referral and selection ranking.
Note: Acceptance of an offer of employment made from this announcement will require the selected applicants at the time of the appointment to sign a statement of understanding that clearly outlines the selected applicants Individual Development Plan (IDP) KSA training requirements and minimum Specialized Experience time frames that are required for promotion of applicable know promotion pay grades associated with their qualifications.
Note: Unless otherwise amended this position will close on 31 December 2017.
Note: All applications must contain a fully completed AZNG Form 335-2-R, Supplement to Application for Employment, Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
Note: All applications must contain a signed OPM Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment.
QUALIFICATION: Aircraft Electrician, WG-2892-5/8/11, E1-E5
WG-05: Must have at least 6 months experience or training which demonstrates the ability to learn procedures used in repairing aircraft electrical systems. Experience which demonstrates the ability to recognize simple malfunctions. Experience in the use of common hand tools to perform simple tasks.
WG-08: Must have at least 12 months experience or training in installing, maintaining and repairing aircraft electrical systems. Experience which demonstrates the ability to diagnose and determine repairs. Experience in the use of common hand tools and measuring equipment. Experience which provided ability to lay out, set up and perform operations dependent on electrical and electronic theory and instruments.
WG-11: Must have at least 18 months experience or training installing, maintaining, repairing and modifying electrical systems and major substation components of electrical system. Experience diagnosing malfunctions and determining remedy when complex relationships exists among different electrical system circuits requiring knowledge of all electrical units and systems. Experience making electrical repairs that require the use of precision measuring equipment and common hand tools. Experience in the setup and operation of computerized multiple circuit analyzing equipment in manual, semiautomatic, or automatic mode to run existing and new (not fully debugged) diagnostic programs to test and analyze aircraft electrical circuitry and interconnecting cabling of systems such as navigational computers, radar, and related equipment and to repair discrepancies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of the integration of electronically controlled electrical and environmental systems with the avionics systems of the applicable aircraft and a general system knowledge of the hydraulic, fuel, Jet Fuel Starter (JFS), egress and engine control systems and requires the ability to use precision test equipment to accomplish this.
2. Knowledge of electrical and electronic theory, principles, formulas, advanced mathematics, fluid mechanics and dynamics.
3. Skilled to interpret complex drawings, specifications, and schematics of complete systems to recognize the function and interconnections of the various assemblies and troubleshoot the system from the schematic, following signal paths through a complex path of interconnections of components, assemblies, subassemblies and cable harnesses.
4. Knowledge of electronics, a variety of precision test equipment, self-test procedures and technical data containing schematic diagrams, test procedures and program information, to identify and isolate malfunctions.
5. Ability to diagnose and determine needed repairs for malfunctions in electrically and electronically controlled systems such as the electrical/environmental systems, and digital anti-skid system.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.