APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members and those eligible for membership in the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive a Permanent Appointment after successful completion of a one year trial period.
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and be able eligible for the following AFSC : 1C7X1
Max Military Grade: E-6/TSgt
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Applicant must be able to work shift work.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
QUALIFICATION: Flight Services Specialist, GS-2101-07/09, E4-E6
GS-07: Must have at least 12 months experience, education or training providing preflight briefings to military and civilian aircrews, including those of foreign governments and civilian contractors on CONUS/International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) flight plans. Furnishes pilots with full range of necessary information pertinent to planning and completing their intended flight safely and assists them in making preflight decisions and calculations when required. Reviews and evaluates proposed flight plans for technical accuracy and compliance with USAF, FAA, DOD and ICAO directives. Ensures flight planning Aeronautical Information System (AIS).
GS-09: Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training performing quality control on proposed flight plans with aircrews and provides special briefings to pilots of civilian and non-DOD government aircraft on flight planning procedures. Schedules and coordinates use of military special use airspace/facilities including air refueling areas, military operating areas, and landing and drop zones. Inspects or ensures the inspection of ANG tarmac parking and Federal taxi ways daily (or more often as required) for such flying safety hazards as: foreign object debris, violations of lateral clearance criteria, and hazards to landing, take-off, taxiing or parking areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Ability to operate communications equipment such as computer, phones, radios, visual and audible alert systems.
2. Ability to research and interpret rules, policies, and regulations and develop written guidance, policy, checklists, or other written communications based on such references.
3. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
4. Ability to apply seasoned judgement and practical skills of a relatively high order and considerable knowledge of work methods, techniques, procedures, and equipment.
5. Skilled at performing quality control on proposed flight plans with aircrews and providing special briefings to pilots of civilian and non-DOD government aircraft on flight planning procedures.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.