APPOINTMENT FACTORS :This position is the Federal/Excepted Civil Service and is open to current members of the Arizona Air National Guard. Individual selected will receive an Indefinite Appointment
and may be converted to permanent based on availability of funds or position no longer being encumbered
Prior to appointment into this position, selectee must be a current member of the Arizona Air National Guard and must possess the following AFSC : 2A373
Max Military Grade: E-6/TSgt
Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (BONUS). Individual selected will be required to take a pre-employment medical screening which will be paid for by the Agency.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) funds are not available for this position.
NOTE: This position is subject to rotating or night shift work.
NOTE: Individual selected will receive an Indefinite appointment due to limited funding and may be extended and may be converted to a Permanent appointment should a position become available. Current on board Technicians will maintain current tenure.
NOTE: This position is being dual announced with an AGR announcement.
QUALIFICATION: Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10, E5-E6
Must have at least 36 months experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during the phase inspection process. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum phase flow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, in the disassembly and re-assembly of Aircraft components, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and flight controls for removal and replacement. Experience or training that has provided the candidate with sufficient knowledge to complete the work of this career field. Experience or training which demonstrates the candidates ability to lead other technicians engaged in the duties performed by this career field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION:
1. Knowledge of aircraft systems and components in electrical, fuel, hydraulic, environmental and mechanical principles in sufficient detail to perform the duties and responsibilities as applied to aircraft and supporting systems.
2. Knowledge of aircraft forms and records, maintenance system, and maintenance supply procedures.
3. Ability to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories and components and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications.
4. Skill in the use of hand tools and appropriate test equipment.
5. Ability to read and interpret technical instructions, plans, and schematic diagrams.
Candidate must be a citizen of the United States
Direct Deposit of pay is mandatory.
Known Promotion Potential: None
For this job announcement the following documents are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETED WITH SIGNATURES:
*FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIER*
· Resume or Optional Form 612
· Optional Form 306, declaration for Federal Employment (WITH SIGNATURE)
· AZNG Form 335-2-R (Knowledge, Skill and Ability Supplement) or substantiating document that contains the listed KSAs in this announcement with your relevant experiences.
Additional Supporting Documentation: Report of Individual Personnel (RIP), other documentation that shows AFSC/ASVAB/Rank qualifications etc. (Optional but recommended)
Please click on the link below to review the TOP REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
You may download the required forms from the Arizona National Guard Human Resources website at https://dema.az.gov/careers/azng-human-resources/jobs-technician. After you have completed the form, please submit using the upload instructions above listed above Option A.
To submit the documents requested follow the options listed above. Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.