In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL & FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of materials and equipment used in the line of work (helmets, torso harness assemblies, parachutes, survival equipment). Ability to understand written instructions and to use reference materials and manuals.
Must have at least 18 months of e
xperience or trainingwhich has demonstrated knowledge of aviation life support equipment. Experience reading and interpreting military manuals. Experience in supply procedures and property accountability. Experience collecting information and presenting it to various sized groups. Experience in planning a functional shop maintenance program is essential .
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSAs listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSAs in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and understanding of all life support and chemical/biological defense equipment utilized by the units aircrew to ensure life support equipment/components meet airworthiness criteria, operate within specified tolerances and in the proper sequence, and are mission ready to support the requirements of day-to-day operation as well as sustained critical combat operations.
2. Ability to inspect, test, calibrate, certify, evaluate, troubleshoot, disassemble, repair, overhaul, assemble, replace, as necessary, and issue life support parts and equipment.
3. Ability to install, remove, and inspect all Life Support equipment on the unit aircraft.
4. Ability to utilize a variety of complex, state of the art diagnostic testers/systems/specialty tools to test, troubleshoot, and repair all life support equipment utilized by the unit.
5. Ability to perform precision soldering on flexible circuit boards to repair/replace defective parts.
6. Ability and certification to plan, organize, develop, direct, implement, conduct, and evaluate formal academic classroom and technical instruction on a wide variety of life support topics to provide initial and recurring training for all aircrew and passengers.
7. Knowledge of and ability to utilize multiple computer main frame programs/data bases.
8. Knowledge of materials handling, inventorying, and supply procedures to store and maintain adequate supplies of life support parts and equipment.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
1. RESUME (Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013)
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*
2. OF 306 (MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT) (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf