ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Alabama Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD POSITIONS:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
(1) Works with HR Specialists in the HRO to accomplish a wide range of human resources transactions, for technicians and AGRs, related to recruitment, placement, classification, employee and labor relations, benefits, entitlements, training and incentive awards. These duties require technical understanding and knowledge of numerous human resources guidelines, regulations, instructions, directives, procedures, policies and precedent situations involving analyzing the interrelationship and impact various human resources actions in different functional areas may have on non-dual and dual status technicians and AGR personnel.
(2) Advises, and provides comprehensive procedural and technical guidance to managers and supervisors in the areas of recruitment, placement, separation, and retirement. Coordinates, develops draft vacancy announcements and prepares requests for vacancy announcements for HRO review. Upon receipt of announcements from HRO, makes distribution to all units/sections. Analyzes and evaluates individuals basic eligibility for a variety of clerical, technical, administrative, and wage grade positions. Receives technician promotion certificates and furnishes them to selection officials for interview or selection. Advises HRO of promotion, reassignment, and non-selection actions. Executes necessary documents of technician personnel who deploy, mobilize, separate, retire, etc.
(3) Provides information to managers and supervisors regarding issues of ARNG/ANG technician occupations and the effects of specific regulations or instructions on anticipated human resources actions. Provides classification advice and assistance on a variety of clerical, technical, administrative and wage grade positions, which have standard career patterns. Provides assistance and guidance in processing classification appeals. Assists with classification reviews at the organizational unit/wing/base level and ensures completed reviews are forwarded to the HRO in a timely manner. Assists with the annual federal wage grade survey, as required.
(4) Assists managers and supervisors in resolving AGR problems relative exclusively to AGR tours in day-to-day operations. Serves as primary point-of-contact regarding AGR matters between the ARNG/ANG organization/unit, and the HRO. Assists with processing of all military human resources actions associated with a military assignment of an AGR member. Conducts the orientation program to outline military requirements, benefits, and entitlements. Implements and interprets AGR policies and programs. Advises and counsels AGR members and dependents on support organizations and benefits programs. Explains the TRICARE program and how to file claims and provides locations of servicing Health Benefits Advisors. Schedules retirement counseling of AGR members and coordinates retirement actions with the ARNG/ANG organization/unit and HRO.
(5) Provides assistance and information pertaining to employee relations and labor relations matters to managers, supervisors, union officials and technicians on moderately complex problems of employee conduct or reorganizations, leave problems, indebtedness, union contracts, agreements and the full range of procedural requirements for filing grievances, appeals, and complaints. Distinguishes between human resources policy and union contracts when informally resolving complaints/grievances and explains to applicants the proper employment procedures along with comparing applicants experience and or education background to determine basic qualifications for vacant positions.
(6) Provides detailed guidance or specific information on benefits and services including, but not limited to: thrift savings plans, life insurance, health insurance open seasons, leave and pay inquiries, uncommon tours of duty, Office of Workmens Compensation OWCP) claims, disciplinary actions, performance ratings. Processes requests for training and incentive awards. As the human resources liaison representative, coordinates human resources transactions on a daily basis with management officials, technicians, the ARNG/ANG organization/unit and HRO.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE SEE HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.