ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Alabama Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD POSITIONS:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status/M-day personnel in the Alabama Air National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Air National Guard.
1. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on one or more multi-complex electronic integrated systems. Completes operational checks, inspections, tests, trouble shooting, removal and replacement of Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) which are linked with integrated systems and LRUs which are independent or associated with nonintegrated systems. Isolates unusual malfunctions using technical orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, tools, and test equipment including automatic test equipment and Flight Line Test Systems (FLTS). Adjusts and aligns system sensors, transmitters, amplifiers, power supplies, display devices, controls, transponders, actuators, servos, computers and other related components. Installs serviceable components into aircraft and performs total systems alignment and harmonization in accordance with existing technical orders and directives. Accomplishes technical order compliances, modification of components/systems and completes thorough system checks for proper operation. (30%)
2. Reviews and analyzes maintenance data; determines if criteria are sufficient to provide adequate test, troubleshooting and repair procedures; devises and recommends tests, procedural changes, or data corrections. Aligns, adjusts, and performs final calibrations on integrated systems to determine successful repairs. Analyzes equipment failure and malfunctions and suggests changes to improve operation. Monitors the operation of complex, interrelated systems, analyzes operating trends, proposes preventative maintenance down time to assure continued operating capability, and recommends components for overhaul or engineering evaluation for disposal. (20%)
3. Troubleshoots operational malfunctions and analyzes system performance utilizing aircrew debrief data, Technical Orders, schematic and wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, data analysis, common and system-specific test equipment and built in system tests. Performs on and off-equipment maintenance on systems such as automatic flight control, instruments, communication, navigation, and inertial navigation. (20%)
4. Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary. Conducts aircrew debriefing to determine the nature of system malfunctions. Documents all discrepancies and maintenance actions performed by inputting information into the electronic records information systems (i.e.: CAMS, IMDS, GO-81, REMIS). Recommends hardware and software changes. Submits change recommendations to Technical Orders. Requisitions supply assets and processes repairable assets in accordance with Standard Base Supply System requirements. (15%)
5. May upload and download chaff/flare dispensers. This hazardous task may involve the inspection, storage and handling of explosive devices; to include flares, chaff, impulse cartridges and similar items. Conducts on-the-job training on assigned systems and related support equipment and tasks to include classroom instruction as necessary. Provides training to lower graded personnel concerned with the repair of integrated avionics systems. Provides training to newly assigned personnel regardless of grade level. Prepares for and participates in Aerospace Expeditionary Force (AEF) tasking, deployments and various inspections and exercises. Processes and accounts for due-in from maintenance (DIFM) supply assets. (10%)
6. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire-fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, serve as a security guard, remove snow, load and handle munitions, launch/recover and service aircraft, operate heavy equipment, maintain facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies. Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations. (10%)
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE SEE HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.