ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Alabama Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members of the Alabama Air National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens eligible for membership in the Alabama Air National Guard.
(1) Assists in managing, directing, developing, planning and analyzing deployment and distribution management programs. Formulates and procures transportation arrangements with commercial carriers and appropriate military services for charter of passenger service for individual/group movements, equipment, supplies and material. Analyzes and evaluates travel requirements while considering cost and mission accomplishment as factors. Works with the Commercial Travel Office (CTO) to ensure government fares are being utilized whenever possible. Books OCONUS passengers in the Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES) for in-transit visibility. Validates travel requirements through the use of the Air National Guard Reserve Order Writing System (AROWS) and the Defense Travel System (DTS). Administers the procurement of military and civilian passenger travel, both domestic and international.
(2) Determines the most appropriate, efficient and economical transportation services IAW applicable cargo movement directives. Coordinates with customers, reviews documentation, and physical assets, to determine transportation requirements based on shipment characteristics. Schedules and coordinates movements according to priority and classification. Provides cost estimates, determines appropriate funding sources and obtains proper authorization for cargo movements. Issues Commercial Bill of Lading (CBL). Validates, inspects, and certifies the shipment of arms, ammunition, explosives (AA&E) and Electrostatic Sensitive Discharge (ESD) items. Verifies safety inspection certificates and documentation of commercial carrier equipment prior to acceptance. Coordinates with commercial carriers to locate and expedite delivery of astray freight. Responsible for the certification of charges on carrier invoices and PowerTrack. Prepares Transportation Discrepancy Reports (TDR) and other carrier claim forms.
(3) Conducts dispatch operations through planning and scheduling of vehicle operations resources to meet transportation support requirements. Provides transportation services for distinguished visitors and special events. Designates and coordinates shuttle bus and mass transportation requirements. Responsible for school bus transportation. Develops taxi zones or stands.
(4) Administers installation driver qualification and licensing program. Serves as liaison with state, local and host nation authority on licensing matters; ensures compliance by base agencies. Initiates vehicle trainer background checks. Coordinates and maintains vehicle plans and instruction. Documents and tracks reported cases of vehicle misuse.
(5) Functions as a technical advisor to all statewide and base operating officials on matters dealing with commercial movement of personnel and cargo.
(6) Determines proper identification, marking, labeling, and special handling instruction on all shipments. Handles and certifies hazardous cargo in accordance with Air Force regulations, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), International Air Traffic Association (IATA), International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code, and Code of Federal Regulations 49 (CFR 49) for required surface/air shipments. Determines containers, protective devices, packing material, and packaging techniques needed to support proper preparation of DOD property for shipment. Manages the Reusable Container Program.
(7) Responsible for defining augmentation requirements when called upon to expand operations to perform surface cargo deployment function during installation deployments or other surge operations. Develops, delivers and provides a record of conducted training of unit personnel on the requirements to properly package unit equipment for movement by other than air mode. Conducts HAZMAT technical specialist training.
(8) Participates in unit assessments, inspections, installation deployment plans, deployments, and disaster preparedness exercises.
(9) Performs other duties as assigned.