In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Six months of general experience equivalent to the GS-02 level. Example of general experience is (1) any type of work that demonstrates the applicants ability to perform the work of the position, or (2) experience that provided a familiarity with the subject matter or processes of the broad subject area of the occupation.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of one year above high school with courses related to Recreation Aid.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and experience, click on the following link:
IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS ABOVE APPLICANTS MUST ALSO MEET THE CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW:
Applicants must submit the following certificates at the time of application: (a) a current and valid nationally recognized lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills and procedures, (b) a current and valid nationally recognized basic first aid certification and (c) a current and valid nationally recognized CPR certification which includes adult, child and infant procedures. FAILURE TO SUBMIT THESE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of lifesaving, first aid and CPR as would be learned through an approved course leading to certification.
2. Knowledge of swimming facility rules, work procedures, equipment and materials to perform standing, recurring tasks
3. Ability to orient lower graded employees, distribute/balance work assignments and monitor work accomplishment.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· This is a Temporary position not to exceed 30 SEP 2017. The individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition.
· Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills and procedures.
· Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized basic first aid certification.
· Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized CPR certification which includes adult, child and infant procedures.
· Position requires pre-employment screening for swimming ability, rescue skills and CPR skills.
· Participation in required in-service training and maintenance of physical capabilities to perform rescues throughout the period of employment are conditions of employment for this position. All certifications must remain current during the period of employment.
· Must satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical before entrance on duty, unless otherwise exempt.