Must have a bachelors degree in computer science with at least 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
In addition to meeting the basic entry qualification requirements, applicants must have specialized experience and/or directly related education.
- Have at least one year (18 semester hours or equivalent) of graduate level study, or possess a masters or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of the position. (SUBMIT COPY OF TRANSCRIPT/S)
- Have Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the undergraduate level in one of the following: a) Class standing-upper third of the graduating class based on completed courses in the college, university, or major subdivision; b) Grade Point Average- 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript or as computed based on 4 years of education or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of curriculum; OR 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum. c) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society (note: freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this position). SUBMIT COPY OF TRANSCRIPT/S. Degree Audits not acceptable. If qualifying based on class standing or honor society membership, provide appropriate documentation).
- Have one year (12 months) of specialized experience applying knowledge to functions such as real-time data flow, networking, computer resource allocation, hardware/software integration and interfacing of programs; knowledge of linear and integer programming, statistical data processing and current state-of-the-art hardware/software to help isolate, define and solve critical optimization problems; formulating mathematical and analytic models to define anomalies and problems; providing information and ideas on how to capture backup data and information to be used with work group to resolve deficiencies and anomalies discovered; determining all resource requirements considering future known or anticipated changes in organization mission; considers new and improved concepts, principles, and techniques associated with digital computers, and correlates these with organization ADP requirements; organizing data in coherent formats, consistent with purpose of the study and makes appropriate recommendations; studies impact of proposed actions on existing systems and coordinates with appropriate personnel to resolve minor problems. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Equivalent experience may be at the level of the lowest GS grade covered by the applicable pay band; however, the experience must demonstrate KSAs to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled. This specialized experience could have been obtained in the private or public sectors.
- Have a combination of graduate education as described A and the type of specialized experience as described C, which when combined would equate to 100%. (To compute, first determine your total qualifying graduate level education as a percentage of the education required; then determine your total qualifying experience as a percentage of experience described; add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal 100%.) (SUBMIT COPY OF TRANSCRIPT/S)
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA)
1. Knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, processes and practices applicable to computer science in accordance with established Federal guidelines.
2. Ability to perform technical research and review analysis of comparison related systems and technologies.
3. Ability to research and develop data reduction methods, sampling techniques and statistical methods which improve analytical capabilities.
4. Ability to design, develop, and evaluate new methods to receive, collect, and record raw data.
5. Ability to gather data by signal, communications or other electronic intelligence means.
6. Professional Knowledge of cycle time constraints to develop methods which balance speed of operations with mathematical precision.
7. Ability to design and use mathematical models to ensure that physical problems can be represented, and to determine optimal approach for computer simulations.
FOR ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION STANDARDS INFORMATION YOU MAY CLICK ON OPM WEBSITE BELOW:
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines . You can also visit: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (ie.,Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts will result in non-consideration for applicable position. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have six years after degree completion to apply.
Other significant facts:
1. Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
2. Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations may be required in performance of TDY.